Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 19, 2011

It's VERY easy to be hard on yourself



It is very easy to be hard on yourself after surgery. At least it has been for me. The most challenging part of it all for me is the mental aspect after surgery. I was great and happy when I was losing weight and in my first few years, but afterwards found it more of a challenging maintaining that happiness when the scale no longer dictated my mood. When the scale starts moving OR starts moving in the opposite direction, it is the biggest challenge ever.

But then once in a while, you find a nugget - something to remind you of where you have been. That's important - especially to keep your biggest pair of pants to try on later for reassurance. Here's my nuggest for the day: my school picture from 2001. I thought I looked lovely :) Now I just think WOW.

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment