Total Pageviews

Friday, February 11, 2011

Why Blog Again?

So the question is WHY BLOG AGAIN?

Well when I started my webpage - www.diminishingdawn.com it was purely a labour of love, partly of necessity, partly to inspire others. Back when I had surgery in 2006, there weren't even remotely nearly as many blogs about weight loss surgery as there are now. They were extremely few and far between and OH did not have a way to journal online. Now of course, everyone has a journal - which is fantastic for newbies just exploring their options and wanting to read, read and read some more.

My regular diminishing site has been locked forever after the 2nd or 3rd year mark. I don't want to add too it - it is getting far too bulky so I need to leave it be. I still keep it up there for the newbies though and still get quite a good amount of emails in response to the page. I especially get emails from those who have no clue about OHIP or Ontario WLS so those are the people that the blog is primarily for.

I do miss blogging in some ways. I love the interactiveness of touching base with others, sharing experiences and just saying what is on my mind. Now that it is about losing regain weight, it also gives me a way to be accountable to myself. There's nothing like looking back upon one's successes, you know :)

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment